TCS CodeVita Eligibility
- Coders from institutes across India who are completing their academic course in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 alone are eligible for this contest.
- Registrations are invited from students in undergraduate (UG)/ postgraduate (PG) programs related to engineering/science background with any specialization.
To register for the contest, one has to log on to Campus Commune portal.Click here to log on to the portal now or directly visit this page – https://campuscommune.tcs.com/en-in/intro/contests/codevita-season-9. You will see the below page.
Click on Register option. Once you click on register option, you will see the below shown page. Students who have already registered on campus commune/TCS NextStep portal can directly register for the CodeVita by entering their reference ID & password.
For new users, you will have to sign-up on campus commune and NextStep portal and then proceed to register for CodeVita.
It is an individual contest. Each registered participant will be receiving a unique secret code or link at a later stage to take part in the contest.
This code/link is of utmost importance to take part in the contest rounds and should not even be shared between team-mates. The Secret code/link will also be a part of login credentials for the contest platform.
Once you log in, you will see the following page. Now click on Register option again.
Once you click on Register option, you will successfully register for TCS CodeVita Season 9 and you will see the updated page.
Any student who is not a bonafide student from institutions or universities in INDIA,registering for INDIA Phase Pre-Qualifier would be disqualified and would not be permitted to participate in the Global Phase Pre-Qualifier as well.
TCS CodeVita Important Dates
TCS CodeVita Exam Pattern
The TCS CodeVita contest consists of 3 rounds. They are:
1) The Pre- Qualifier Round:
In this round, there will be a 24 hours contest window and each participant is provided with 6 hours of time to solve the questions. Pre-Qualifier round is done in India as well as the rest of the world separately. This season there will be two zonal rounds in INDIA for Pre-Qualifier. A participant will be tagged to one of the two zonal rounds and you can choose any of the 6 hours to start your challenge.
Programming languages available are:C, C++, C#, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby
2) The Qualifier Round:
This season Qualifier Round (Round 2) would happen after the completion of all the Pre-Qualifier rounds across the world. Top performers from the zonal rounds globally will move into this round. Each participant will be provided with 6 hours of time to solve & complete this round.
3) Grand Finale:
This round will be held in one of the TCSL offices in India. Top 3 contestants will be declared as winners of the contest. The grand finale is tentatively scheduled to be conducted in the last week of February 2021.
Important Topics to cover for TCS CodeVita
From the experience of students who have attended TCS CodeVita, below are the topics to be covered during the test.
- Basic programs like prime factorization, LCM & HCF, Fibonacci series, matrix rotation, pattern printing, and strings.
- Advanced problems on Binary Search Tree, Sorting, DFS, BFS, problems on dynamic programming etc.
TCS CodeVita Advantages
The contest will also
- Help TCS spot bright students
- Provide students an opportunity to showcase their programming talent and earn peer recognition.
- Provide an opportunity to showcase offerings of TCS to the academic world
- Provides a platform for students to practice and enhance their programming skills.
- Provide exciting career opportunities for students in TCS
- Participation certificates for students who clear the pre-qualifier round.