HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PRINCIPALS MEETING WITH VC ON 17-04-2020 @03.00 PM THROUGH ONLINE VIDEO CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PRINCIPALS MEETING WITH VC ON 17-04-2020 @03.00 PM THROUGH ONLINE VIDEO CONFERENCE

 

 

1) Hon. VC has appreciated all the institutions for contributing One day Salary to the Central Government / State Government.

2) Vice Chancellor has expressed happiness and requested all the Principals to continue the Online Classes as usual.

3) VC also instructed to use right platform for the Online Classes and he expressed that the Central Government has also given instructions not to use ZOOM Platform. He also expressed in the meeting Gnana Nidhi – U tube channel is the right source for many courses.

4) University Statistics reveals that 70% of the students are attending the Online Classes and the % is more in Urban areas and is less in the rural areas due to connectivity problem.

5) When the college reopens after lock down, around 2 weeks of time will be given for final year students and 4-5 weeks of time will be given for the 1st , 2nd & 3rd year students to
conduct the revision of classes.

6) In each Practical Lab, the teachers may conduct around 75% of important experiments for the Examination and the remaining 25% of the experiments may be shown as Demo Experiments.

7) University Practical Examinations will be conducted after Theory Examinations and Project Viva / Voce for VIII Sem will be conducted after Theory Examinations. Tentatively VIII Sem University Exams will be in the Month of June. II / IV / VI Sem Exams will be in the Month of July / Aug.

8) For University Practical Examinations Internal & External Examiners will be allotted from the same college for maintaining Social Distance & Travel.

9) Keep conducting the online assessments continuously & impartially. When the students come back to college conduct the two internal tests in a normal way.

10) Final decision to conduct the University Examinations depends on the directions of the UGC / AICTE / Govt. of Karnataka.

11) Revaluation of EVEN Semester Applications: Students shall download the application form from VTU Website, fill it, scan it and send it to the college by email. Colleges have to scrutinize the applications and apply on the VTU portal. After last date no changes will be entertained. Students will pay the examination fee after they come back to college.

12) VC has requested all the Principals of all the Institutions to complete the faculty subject mapping if not yet done and it should be sent to university immediately. All the Heads are requested to complete at the earliest.

13) University is planning to increase Valuation centres at least 25 to 30.

14) Writing of the Project report of final year students should be started now, faculty should guide and scrutiny it and maximum chapters except the results & conclusion should be ready when the students come back. University will give some time to complete the project after the theory exams. Plagiarism, Publication, Field work & Fabrication shall be taken over after the Lockdown.

15) Faculty should prepare themselves with teaching material and presentations to revise the syllabus within the short time (2 to 5 weeks) that will be given when the students come back to college, before the examination starts.

16) There may not be Vacation this semester.

17) Model question paper for the 4th semester shall be prepared

Proceedings of VC 18.4.20 on letterhead

1 thought on “HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PRINCIPALS MEETING WITH VC ON 17-04-2020 @03.00 PM THROUGH ONLINE VIDEO CONFERENCE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error

Please subscribe:)