DCET OPTION ENTRY COMPLETE PROCEDURE
STEPS TO FOLLOW THE COMPLETE PROCEDURE FOR DCET OPTION ENTRY
2.OPTION ENTRY PREPARATION
3.PREVIOUS YEAR CUTOFF
After getting results of DCET 2019 students can attend the document verification according to their rank and date and time.The karnataka Examiination authority will release the document verifiaction schedule on there Offficial website .Rank wise schedule they will announce.
LIST THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE DOCUMENT VERIFICATION
- Final Printout of the DCET-2019 Downloaded Application Form.
- Original copy of the Challan for having paid the fees.
- DCET- 2019 Admission Ticket.
- SSLC / 10th Standard / Equivalent Examination Marks Card.
- Diploma or Equivalent Examination Marks Card of all the Years / Semesters.
- Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO / DDPI (Only for Karnataka Candidates).
- TWO recent passport size Colour Photographs.
The following documents should be produced, ONLY if applicable:
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO, for the candidates claiming
Kannada Medium reservation benefits.
- Rural Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO and a verification certificate (only for GM candidates).
- Caste Certificate / Caste Income Certificate / Income Certificate obtained from the concerned Tahasildar, for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits. (Caste and Income Certificate in Form ‘D’ in case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and in Form ‘E’ in case of Category-I and a Caste Income Certificate in Form ‘F’ for other backward classes like 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, issued by the jurisdictional Tahasildar) (Only for Karnataka Candidates)
- Parent’s study certificate / Parent’s Hometown certificate / (Parent’s Domicile certificate / Parent’s Employment certificate / Parent’s Cumulative Record / Parent’s Marks Card, etc.,) for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the (domicile) / study / (employment) of the parent.
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Reservation (Article 371 (j)) must submit the certificate in Annexure – A (eligibility certificate – rule 3(3)) issued by the concerned Assistant Commissioner during document verification.
- Duly sworn in Affidavit of the candidate who claims eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses.
- Minimum TWO years work Experience Certificate (for Evening Engineering College candidates) (work
experience certificate should include Name of the Organization, Date of Joining, Designation, Working
Period, No Objection Condition etc.,).
NOTE: Further, candidate belonging to SC, ST and Category-I claiming seat under reserved category shall also produce Income certificate issued by the jurisdictional Tahasildar for verification.
Watch this video for more detail about document verification
Essentials that a candidate must have when you leave the Helpline Centre after successful verification of your documents are-
Verification Slip: A Verification Slip will be given to all the candidates on successful verification of the documents. Candidates are requested to verify all the details printed on it and if any wrong entries are made therein bring it to the notice of the Chief Nodal Officer of your Helpline Centre immediately.
Unique Keyword: Unique Keyword consisting of eight alphanumeric characters will be printed on the Verification Slip. This KEYWORD is UNIQUE to every candidate. You are required to keep it confidential and this is to be used for your access to the Option Entry Login on the KEA website.
2.OPTION ENTRY PREPARATION
Before entering option Entry candidates has to prepare the list of colleges for the option entry in home.
candidates has to list the colleges in the paper based on the reference of previous year cut-off .
Download the previous year cutoff
Download DCET 2017 General click here
Dowmload DCET 2017 HK quota click here
Download DCET 2018 General click here
Download DCET 2018 HK quota click here
Based on the previous year cut-off students can prepare the list of colleges ,the cut-off previous year wont same for this year. slightly vary students can take previous year cut-off only by the reference.
HOW TO DO OPTION ENTRY:-
HOW TO ENTER THE KEA WEBSITE?
- Open any browser (use Internet Explorer, Firefox for better view) and enterhttp://kea.kar.nic.in in the address bar and then hit Enter.
- After successful entry of the website address candidates have to select the link titled as“Diploma CET-2018 –OPTION ENTRY” which will take you to next screen.
- Enter the Diploma CET Admission Ticket Number in the text box of the home page.Click Submit button.
- Enter Application Number which is on the application form.Enter Secret Unique Keyword Provided after completion of verification of documents.
Enter New Password (should consist of at least one alphabet and one number and should be of
at least eight characters) (This is your secret Password, do not let others know to prevent
misuse) Confirm New Password (should same as your New Password)
Enter your Mobile Number (should be a valid mobile number in India, this is the number to
which SMS alerts will be sent by KEA ,so it is very important that you enter the number
carefully. Just as you have done in the Application Form that you filled in the Verification Centre)
Enter your E-Mail Id (should be a valid e-mail id and this is the e-mail id to which log in and log
out details will be sent ,so it is important that you enter carefully and check the details)
Select Secret Hint question from the List Type hint answer for the secret question.
- USER ID and Password will be created for future access. Please remember the same and keep itconfidential. KEA will not be responsible for consequences arising from misuse of Password and
- Click “Login” Button.Candidates should verify their basic information such as name, category, rank, etc. You will enter your Homepage on the Option Entry website. Check your details appearing on this page-you will see your name, Diploma CET Rank, your Rank discipline wise etc.
- HOW TO GET THE COLLEGE WISE AND COURSE WISE LIST?Step 1: Go to Home Page. Click the Link “Candidate’s Option Entry” College wise and Course wise
list. After entering the basic details, candidate will find the following screen.
Click “Course List” Menu on the right top corner of the home page
Course List will be loaded in the new tab sheet. Click College List Menu on the right top corner of the home page to view the college list. Select any one of three colleges list College list will be loaded in the new tab sheet. From One College list there is a link to go to Other College list and Course & Description.
- Candidate can apply for more than one discipline by selecting and giving the options numbers in sequential manner
- Step 3:Courses and Colleges will be listed for particular selected course type
Enter the option in the box by giving numbers 1, 2, 3, 4…. depending on the priority of the
course and college. (The Option Number is unique for each course of all Course Stream)
- Step 4:Click “Save” button Option will be loaded in the sequential order in “Selected view Option” window
watch this video for more detail about how to do option entry
HOW TO SELECT CHOICES
After getting result of fisrt round result candidate has to select the choices for second round.candidates has to select the required choices to enter into second round
candidates must know the details about the choices before entering into it .
Choice 1: Satisfied with the allotted seat and candidate is willing to report to the allotted college, therefore candidate will not be considered for further allotment of seats in any subsequent round for any discipline. Such candidates should pay the prescribed fees by downloading the allotted details in the Helpline Centres, obtain the admission order and report to the college and immediately login to their Option Entry Log-In-Id and report to KEA that they have joined the College. Further the College Authority will have to login to their College Login-ID and report that the respective candidate has joined the College. If a candidate fails to report back to KEA that they have joined, then seat will be cancelled even though they might have physically joined. Further any candidate who has paid the fees and obtained the Admission Order and fails to report to the College on or before the last date and time specified by KEA in the Admission Order, for such candidates no extension of time will be given and the allotment made in his favour shall be treated as Cancelled and he / she has no claim further on such allotment and they will not be considered for allotment of seats in the subsequent round. Such seats shall revert back to the pool and fee paid by them will be forfeited.
Implication: Not eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds.
Important: Before opting this choice candidate is advised to be sure as he / she cannot
come back to Option Entry Process in DCET-2019.
Choice2: Satisfied with the allotted seat but wishes to participate in the next round. I will pay the prescribed fees by downloading the Challan / allotted details from the KEA website for the seat confirmed or allotted in the first round. If higher options gets allotted thenearlier allotted seat gets cancelled automatically OR if higher options seats are not allotted then earlier allotted seat shall remains in candidates favour.
Implication: Eligible to participate in the subsequent round keeping the seat allotted on hold. However, if a seat in the higher options gets allotted the candidate loses his old seat. There is no choice between the seats.
Important: Fresh options will be permitted only when the new college / courses which
are included in the seat matrix after the allotment of first round.
Choice3: Not satisfied with allotted seat but wishes to participate in the next round with fresh options by surrendering the allotted seat.
Implication: Eligible to participate in the subsequent round with fresh options and no
hold on allotted seat.
Choice4: Not satisfied with KEA allotted seat and candidate has got seat elsewhere, so candidate is quitting and not to be considered for allotment of seats in any of the further rounds.
Implication: Not eligible to participate in the subsequent round no hold on the allotted seat and seat allotted earlier will get cancelled.
NOTE: If a candidate fails to exercise any of the above 4 choices within the stipulated date and time then the seat allotted to such candidate stands cancelled automatically without any further notice in this regard and who will not be allowed to participate in further rounds. It is the endeavor of the Government that no seat should mis-utilized as all seats under Government quota are subsidized for the meritorious students
watch this video for more detail about the choices
ADMISSION PROCESS –