FIRST ROUND SEAT ALOTMENT PROCESS:
1. The computer begins allotment with the Special Category seat for Physically Disabled, NCC and Sports Category.
- The computer starts the allotment with the Physically Disabled persons as per their rank and options. As per the Act, 3 % of the seats in all Government, Aided and Unaided private colleges in Medical / Engineering / Architecture / ISMH / Farm Science /B-Pharma / Pharma-D courses are reserved and candidates belonging to the Physically Disabled Category can give options as per the seat matrix in these colleges.
- .After allotment to Physically Disabled candidates, seat allotment to NCC candidates holding preference 1 to 8 will be allotted under in NCC quota as per their preference and if the preference is the same the interse merit among the candidates will be considered. Likewise candidates in Sports category in Preference 1 to 5 will be allotted in Sports quota and where the preferences are equal the interse merit will be considered.
- General Merit category candidates will be considered only in the General Merit quota. The rank list will be invariably followed for allotment of seats. All Reserved category candidates will first be considered for allotment in General Merit as per their merit and rank and as per the options given by them. After the General Merit seats are exhausted the candidate belonging to the respective categories will be allotted the seats in their respective category as per their rank and as per the options given by them.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates will be first allotted in General Merit Category, then in the Rural and Kannada Medium of General Merit category and respective general of the reserved category and finally in the Kannada Medium and Rural of the respective category subject to availability of seats.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation will also be considered for allotment of seats. The eligibility for Hyderabad Karnataka reservation will be published before the commencement of the document verification process.
- While allotting to Special Category candidates namely, Defence, Ex-Defence, CAPF, Ex-CAPF, first allotment will be made under General Merit category as per their ranks, if the seat is not available in GM, then it will be allotted in the respective reserved category if seats are available and then finally the seats will be allotted under Special Category if seats are available in the order of merit.
- While allotting to Reserved Categories and Special Category candidates in Engineering, first allotment will be considered under General Merit category, if the seat is not available in GM, then it will be allotted in the respective reserved category if seats are available and then finally the seats will be allotted under Special Category if seats are available in the order of merit.
POST SEAT ALLOTMENT PROCEDURE –
Satisfied with the allotted seat and candidate is willing to report to the allotted college, therefore candidate will not be considered for further allotment of seats in any subsequent round for any discipline. Such candidates should pay the prescribed fees by downloading the allotted details in the Helpline Centres, obtain the admission order and report to the college and immediately login to their Option Entry Log-In-Id and report to KEA that they have joined the College. Further the College Authority will have to login to their College Login-ID and report that the respective candidate has joined the College. If a candidate fails to report back to KEA that they have joined, then seat will be cancelled even though they might have physically joined.
NOTE : Not eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds.
Important: Before opting this choice candidate is advised to be sure as he / she cannot come back to Option Entry Process in DCET-2019.
Satisfied with the allotted seat but wishes to participate in the next round. I will pay the prescribed fees by downloading the Challan / allotted details from the KEA website for the seat confirmed or allotted in the first round. If higher options gets allotted then earlier allotted seat gets cancelled automatically OR if higher options seats are not
allotted then earlier allotted seat shall remains in candidates favour.
Implication: Eligible to participate in the subsequent round keeping the seat allotted on hold. However, if a seat in the higher options gets allotted the candidate loses his old seat. There is no choice between the seats.
Important: Fresh options will be permitted only when the new college / courses which
are included in the seat matrix after the allotment of first round.
Not satisfied with allotted seat but wishes to participate in the next round with fresh options by surrendering the allotted seat.
Implication: Eligible to participate in the subsequent round with fresh options and no
hold on allotted seat.
Not satisfied with KEA allotted seat and candidate has got seat elsewhere, so candidate is quitting and not to be considered for allotment of seats in any of the further rounds.
Implication: Not eligible to participate in the subsequent round no hold on the allotted seat and seat allotted earlier will get cancelled.