AICTE – PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP 2020-21 SCHEME FOR GIRL STUDENTS – (Engineering & DIPLOMA)
1.0 OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME:
Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls
pursuing Technical Education. Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the
development process. This is an attempt to give young Women the opportunity to further her
education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education”
2.0 ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
1) The girl candidate should be admitted to first year of Degree/Diploma level course
OR Second year of Degree/Diploma course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
2) Maximum two Girls Child per family are eligible.
3) Family income from all sources is not more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/UT Government need to be enclosed.
3.0 NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
1) A total of 10000 scholarships (5000 each for Degree and Diploma) are earmarked per annum under this scheme for pursuing first year of Degree/Diploma level course OR Second year of Degree/Diploma course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institutions. The number of scholarships are transferred into each other category (Diploma/Degree) if sufficient number of online applications are not received under one category.
2) State/Union Territory wise distribution of 10,000 scholarships for degree and diploma courses is as per Annexure A and B.
3) In addition to 10,000 scholarships at point number 2, all eligible girls who submit online
scholarship form, from following 13 Union Territories and North Eastern States i.e. Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT), Jammu and Kashmir (UT), Laddakh (UT), Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT), Lakshadweep (UT), Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura will be given scholarships by AICTE.
4.0 AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
1) Rs 50,000 per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for Degree and 3 years for Diploma for first year admitted students and maximum 3 years for Degree and
2 years for Diploma for second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, computer purchase, stationery, books, Equipment, Software’s purchase etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
2) No documentary proof need to be attached for the above while availing benefits.
5.0 MODE OF PAYMENT:
After selection, the awardee will be paid scholarship through DBT mode on annual basis.
6.0 PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING:
1) The candidate fulfilling the eligibility conditions is required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) after initiation of application process and notice to be published on AICTE website.
2) The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
3) Department of Technical Education (DTE) of respective State/ UT will verify these applications as second level of scrutiny.
7.0 CRITERION FOR SELECTION:
1) The selection of candidate will be carried out solely on the basis of merit of qualifying examination to peruse the Technical Degree/ Diploma courses from any of the AICTE approved institutions. i.e. In case of Degree (First & Second year) it is on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2 examinations and for Diploma (First &
Second year) it is on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in 10th examinations.
2) State/ UT wise merit list will be prepared as per number of scholarships allotted in the point number 3.0 above.
8.0 METHODS OF RESOLVING TIES:
The procedure to be adopted for breaking ties (similar percentiles) shall be as under: –
A. For Degree Course admitted Students:
1) Percentage of Marks in 10th Examination: In case 10+2 examination percentile does not
break ties, then, higher percentage of marks in 10th examination will be ranked higher.
2) Age: In case 10th exam percentile does not break ties, then, Elder age of candidates will be
B. For Diploma Course admitted Students:
1) Age: In case 10th exam percentile does not break ties, then, Elder age of candidates will be ranked higher.
2) Annual family income: If above method do not break ties, and then the lower annual family income will settle on in higher ranking for the Scholarships.
1) As per Government of India norms.
2) If there is any vacant seat in any of the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC), the same will be transferred to the general category.
1) The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through National Scholarship Portal by submitting passing certificate/ marksheet along with letter
from the Head of Institution in the online portal.
2) Student failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
11.0 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Applications will be invited once in a year through National e-Scholarship Portal of the
Government of India.
2) If a student is in reserved category and also qualified in general category merit list of scholarship then he/she will be counted under the General Category.
3) Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for the award of scholarship.
4) If a candidate failed/ drop out in subsequent year, she will not be eligible for further scholarship.
5) Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the AICTE.
6) For converting CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) to percentage, multiplying factor will be 9.5 i.e. to convert the CGPA into percentage, CGPA X 9.5 will give the percentage.
7) In case both CGPA & Total marks are given in the mark sheet, total marks will be considered for determining percentage.
8) If grades are given like A1, A2, B1, B2 etc in the mark sheet, first the grades will be converted into CGPA and then average CGPA will be calculated. This CGPA will be
converted into percentage as given in point No. 6.
9) Provisional list of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the AICTE web portal. In case,
candidate has any query about merit list of scholarship, they may raise their grievances
within a month. No query regarding merit list will be entertained after one-month duration.
10) Query regarding non-payment of the scholarship due to invalid/wrong account number will
be entertained only upto six months from the date of publishing of merit list on AICTE
CLICK HERE TO APPLY https://scholarships.gov.in/